[GRASS-user] Re: using v.colors- suggestion of using a sqlite suggestion

Achim Kisseler ak7 at jupiter.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Nov 15 17:03:33 EST 2010

Am 15.11.2010 16:41, schrieb Luisa Peña:
> In this email,
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/2010-November/058644.html,
> you suggested me to use sqlite as database. I'm willing to try that. How
> can I do that with a vector created from r.to.vect with categories
> values in cat column

Hi Luisa,

first create an sqlite-database, second take the vector file and add an
table to it (http://grass.osgeo.org/gdp/html_grass64/v.db.addtable.html:
--%<--
DESCRIPTION
v.db.addtable creates and adds a new attribute table to a given vector
map. It links the table to the specified layer of the vector map. If the
vector map is not yet linked to any table, new a database link is
established based on the MAPSET database settings (see db.connect).
--%<--).
Is that what you are looking for?

Regards,
Achim