[GRASS-user] Points buffering without dissolve query

Roy Sanderson r.a.sanderson at newcastle.ac.uk
Mon Nov 22 04:53:57 EST 2010

Dear All

I have someone with a GRASS map of several thousand points which we wish
to buffer around each point 1km, but without dissolving buffer circles
into each other (some points are less than 1 km apart).  Then we plan to
overlay the buffers onto a raster map, and extract the raster cell
composition information within each buffer into a separate file
(rows-sites; columns-raster categories within each buffer).
Unfortunately, this should ideally work on a Windows version of GRASS
(end-user request), although as I use Linux this may still provide a
solution otherwise.

I would be grateful for any advice on the appropriate method (GRASS 6.4)

Many thanks
Roy