[GRASS-user] how to install libLAS on MAC for use in GRASS and maybe R?

Jan Verbesselt janverbesselt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 12:32:17 EST 2010

Hi William,
thanks for your advice and great website! I will try to compile liblas
via cmake for mac osx. I have downloaded and installed cmake-2.8.3 and
now I downloaded the boost package
(boostI-jam-3.1.18-1-macosxx86_64.tgz). Following the
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_45_0/more/getting_started/unix-variants.html
I just need to unzip on the right location.

Which location would you recommend? Will boost install cause potential problems?

Should I do something different than described here
http://liblas.org/compilation.html#optional-libraries to configure the
optional libraries (gdal and geotiff installed before the grass
install via your website)?

All tips are welcome. Having the liblas library options for grass and
R would be great as I am working with terrestrial lidar data (las 1.1
and 1.2) and these files are quite large.

Best regards,
Jan