[GRASS-user] Loading IPCC GCMs into GRASS from NetCDF

Thomas, Timothy (IFPRI) T.S.Thomas at cgiar.org
Tue Nov 30 14:32:24 EST 2010

I am having a problem loading the IPCC GCMs into GRASS.  You can find
one of them at
http://www.ipcc-data.org/cgi-bin/downl/ar4_nc/pr/BCM2_SRA1B_pr_c30b.tar.
They are in NetCDF format.  The problem, I believe, is two-fold.  First,
the grid is an irregular shape, 512 by 512 cells for the whole earth.
Second, it does not appear to have degrees as bounds.  It may also have
a third difficulty that I have not yet encountered, and that is how to
get the desired band (which is the fourth one).  Has anyone else tried
Thanks!

   Tim

Timothy S. Thomas

Research Fellow, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)

2033 K St. NW, Washington, DC 20006-1002 (Room 5035)

t.s.thomas at cgiar.org         www.ifpri.org

(w) +1-202-862-4605         (f) +1-202-467-4439

skype: timothy.s.thomas