[GRASS-user] Questions Re. Grass63 and Fedora 13

Terry Duell tduell at iinet.net.au
Sun Oct 3 00:52:31 EDT 2010

Hullo Hamish,

On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 14:41:01 +1100, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Terry wrote:
>> The thing is that Grass63 doesn't see anything when I point
>> it at the old dataset directory, so none of the mapsets are
>> available.
>
> is your current user account the filesystem owner of the mapsets?

Yes. Both the NC sample data dir and my old data dir are on the same drive
and owned by me. Grass63 (and now Grass64) both see the NC sample dataset
but not my old dataset. Curiously, if I select the old dataset dir and try
to create a new location with the name of the existing location, Grass
complains that it can't do so as "...location already exists", but it
won't show it in the startup window.

I will leave this percolate for a while and hopefully see another way of
looking at the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
--