[GRASS-user] v.voronoi leaves gaps

falskmyntarn martin at onnerfors.se
Mon Oct 4 14:07:02 EDT 2010

hi all,

have been trying to transform a point layer into a polygon layer with
v.voronoi and the result looks fine, apart from some gaps in the output
polygon. i don't know why there are gaps (i'm pretty new to GRASS) but i
suspect something's wrong with the point layer topology, i just don't know
what. this is the output:

---
73588 primitives registered

128766 vertices registered

Building areas...

18288 areas built

1 isles built

Attaching islands...

Attaching centroids...

Number of nodes: 55179

Number of primitives: 73588

Number of points: 0

Number of lines: 0

Number of boundaries: 55178

Number of centroids: 18410

Number of areas: 18288

Number of isles: 1

Number of incorrect boundaries: 519

Number of centroids outside area: 107

Number of duplicate centroids: 15
---

surely there is something since I get incorrect boundaries and duplicate
centroids, I just don't know how to fix it. sorry if it's a stupid question,
I have tried to find answers all over the internets but no luck.

very thankful for any help or ideas!

best regards,

Martin