[GRASS-user] Error while exporting a raster in Windows

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Oct 14 09:16:06 EDT 2010

Luisa Peña wrote:

> I'm trying to export a raster from GRASS using this command
> r.out.gdal -f input=B.1 at PERMANENT output=C:\b10.tif
> nodata=0
> and I get this error:

> ERROR 1: TIFFOpen:C:\b10: Permission denied

That seems fairly self explanatory: you don't have permission to
create files in the root directory of the C: drive.

By default, normal users only have permission to create files in their
"My Documents" directory. In Windows XP, you can change the
permissions via the Sharing tab (or the Security tab if "simple file
sharing" is disabled) in the properties dialog; I don't know about
Windows 7.