[GRASS-user] cut raster

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 10:37:14 EDT 2010

Hi Sofina,

The way I normally do this is first, convert the vetor to raster
(v.to.rast). Then I transform the converted newlly created raster to a
mask (r.mask) and, using r.mapcalc, clip the satellite image. Don't
forget to latter remove the raster mask.

The commands performed would be something like this:
v.to.rast input=building_vector output=build_raster
r.mask build_raster
r.mapcalc
clipped_sat = satellite_image
r.mask -r

@ Grass List.
I can't recall if there is an easier way to do this... Maybe a script?
Such a simple procedure should be done easily in one step...

Cheers
Daniel