[GRASS-user] Error when running a scrip in Windows-WinGRASS

M.Onur Kurum mokurum at ncsu.edu
Thu Oct 14 13:00:22 EDT 2010

  I completely removed the Python25 bundled with GRASS and changed the
startup bat file to not look for the bundled python so this is how it goes:

C:\GRASS-70-SVN>set_shell_start_grass70svn.bat
Cleaning up temporary files...
Starting GRASS GIS...
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\GRASS-70-SVN\etc\gui\wxpython\gis_set.py", line 38, in <module>
     import gui_modules.goutput
   File "C:\GRASS-70-SVN\etc\gui\wxpython\gui_modules\goutput.py", line
35, in <module>
     import gcmd
   File "C:\GRASS-70-SVN\etc\gui\wxpython\gui_modules\gcmd.py", line 44,
in <module>
     from win32file import ReadFile, WriteFile
ImportError: No module named win32file
Error in GUI startup. If necessary, please report this error to the
GRASS developers.
Switching to text mode now.

Hit RETURN to continue...

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\GRASS-70-SVN\grass70.py", line 956, in <module>
     set_data()
   File "C:\GRASS-70-SVN\grass70.py", line 497, in set_data
     gui_startup()
   File "C:\GRASS-70-SVN\grass70.py", line 519, in gui_startup
     os.execlp(cmd_name, "-text")
   File "C:\Python26\lib\os.py", line 327, in execlp
     execvp(file, args)
   File "C:\Python26\lib\os.py", line 344, in execvp
     _execvpe(file, args)
   File "C:\Python26\lib\os.py", line 380, in _execvpe
     func(fullname, *argrest)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I guess this is what you meant with
"The only thing which may be problematic is the wxPython digitiser module. "

for windows grass 7 comes bundled with python25 and now I use python26
installed separately.
Could you be more specific about how to remove the module ? I am lost there.

in the bundled \Python25\Lib\site-packages\wx-2.8-msw-unicode I see that
wxpython is
Metadata-Version: 1.0
Name: wxPython
Version: 2.8.9.1 for python 2.5

and the one in \Python26\Lib\site-packages\wx-2.8-msw-unicode is version
2.8.11.0 for python 2.6

thanks
Onur

--