[GRASS-user] Checking if a raster is in current MAPSET

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Oct 15 12:49:07 EDT 2010

Monica Buescu wrote:

> Hum it sounds interesting. How can I parameterize it? I mean, what is the
> order of the parameters?

    > help(grass.find_file)
    Help on function find_file in module grass.script.core:

    find_file(name, element='cell', mapset=None)
        !Returns the output from running g.findfile as a
        dictionary. Example:

        \code
        >>> result = grass.find_file('fields', element = 'vector')
        >>> print result['fullname']
        fields at PERMANENT
        >>> print result['file']
        /opt/grass-data/spearfish60/PERMANENT/vector/fields
        \endcode

        @param name file name
        @param element element type (default 'cell')
        @param mapset mapset name (default all mapsets in search path)

        @return parsed output of g.findfile

> About the current mapset I'm already using it thanks :)
>
> PS- Where can I find a list of avaliable functions in grass.python?
> Monica

    > import grass.script
    > help(grass.script)
    > help(grass.script.core)

Although reading the .py files in a text editor may be simpler.