[GRASS-user] Unable to locate Tk includes

Chethan S chethanuniversal at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 21:29:01 EDT 2010

Greetings!

I am trying to install GRASS Release branch 6.4 from SVN on Ubuntu. At then
configure stage, I use the command

./configure --with-tcltk-includes=/usr/include/tcl8.5
--with-proj-share=/usr/share/proj

But I get the following error at the very last stage:
checking for location of Tcl/Tk includes... /usr/include/tcl8.5
checking for tcl.h... yes
checking for tk.h... no
*configure: error: *** Unable to locate Tk includes.*

I tried adding the parameters to the above command -
--with-tcltk-libs=/usr/share/tcltk -- in this directory I have tcl8.4,
tcl8.5, tk8.4, tk8.5, tcllib1.12, tklib0.5 directories
--with-tcltk-libs=/usr/include/tcl8.5

If I search for file named tk.h, such a file does not show up anywhere in
the file system. Is there any package I have to install to rectify this.

Regards,

Chethan S.
--
Chethan S.