[GRASS-user] GRASS in 64-bit Debian Squeeze

Chethan S chethanuniversal at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 13:45:04 EDT 2010

Greetings everyone!

As of now I am running the release branch of GRASS 6.4.1 release branch
version (stable) in 32-bit Ubuntu operating system. I am seriously thinking
of migrating to 64-bit OS as I believe image processing like tasks can be
faster there. I am considering migration to Debian Squeeze. I am interested
to know if GRASS runs fine on 64-bit platform or will some tweaking be
necessary? Somewhere I remember reading queries on issues with wxGUI in
64-bit systems. Do such problems exist now too?

Thanks and Regards,

Chethan S.
**--
Chethan S.