[GRASS-user] Using GRASS with GPS

PixelPusher pixelpusher at cox.net
Fri Sep 3 14:37:10 EDT 2010

I have what I thought was going to be an easy problem, but it is of
course more complicated than I'd expected.

I need to query a GPS that is attached to my computer (by USB or
Bluetooth) for my current location and then query a road network
database to find the road segments within some arbitrary distance. Does
GRASS support that kind of operation? Can anyone get me started on how
to do it?

Thanks! It has been a while since I've done anything with GRASS and I'm
having to re-learn much of what I used to know.