[GRASS-user] v.what.rast and r.out.gdal questions: working with many rasters

Vishal Mehta vishalm1975 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 20:08:59 EDT 2010

I have a bunch of rasters
I want to extract average value each raster corresponding to vector polygons

Ideally, I would like to use v.what.rast BUT select only average (or a small
subset) of the different stats that it allows.

Is that possible?

The only other route I know in GRASS is:
- r.average using the rasterized vector as base raster, followed by
- v.what.rast to extract to points representing the centroid of the
polygons...

The final route i know is
- to export GRASS raster to multiband GTiff
- then use starspan
-however on that route I was not able to export multiple rasters to a
multiple-band GTiff....I would really like to know how to do that as well..

Thanks,
Vishal

--
Vishal K. Mehta, PhD