[GRASS-user] Re: QGIS GRASS plugin shadedrelief issue

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 18:07:28 EDT 2010

nuno wrote:
> One more thank you for your patient :-). I just noticed
> (believe me i was
> sleeping, hehehe) that all the vector lines don't snap to
> the region
> boundaries. Well let me explain with an image:
> http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n5555299/Vectorlinesnotouching.jpeg

no, I don't think the vector line snapping is a problem.

it seems that the black areas are slope independent and all north-
facing aspect. I'm strongly betting on the just-out-of-range
color map as the cause of the holes.

e.g. range is floating point but max used in the color table
is truncated to the integer just below the max. and anything
out of range looks like a whole. I'd have expect those to be
white though oh well. perhaps try tweaking the $MAPSET/colr/
file by hand and see if it helps.

Hamish