[GRASS-user] Re: QGIS GRASS plugin shadedrelief issue

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Sep 24 12:17:07 EDT 2010

> Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 11:06:21 +0300
> From: Maris Nartiss <maris.gis at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] Re: QGIS GRASS plugin shadedrelief issue
> To: nunosousa84 <nuno_sousa_1984 at hotmail.com>
>
> Sorry for You.
> You do made backup of important data before messing around with QGIS, right?
>
> You can try to launch GRASS and rebuild vector topology with v.build.
> If it doesn't help - You'r SOL. And don't forget to infrorm QGIS
> developers how "well" their GRASS support works.
>
> Good luck,
> Maris.

Hi all.
Sorry I was unclear: it is a known bug for QGIS to crash in case of an unclean
vector. There is no indication that QGIS is more inclined to spoil your vector than
any other GRASS GUI.
If you stop GRASS while it is writing a vector, problems are likely to occur, with
any UI (even from the shell).
You can clean your vector also from within QGIS, by simply running v.build.all.
And yes, backupping data is always a good idea, regardless of what sw you are using.

BTW: Maris, why are you trolling around? We do our best, like everybody, to improve
the tools we are using, for the benefit of everybody, and it's no fun to read your
polemic notes.

All the best.