[GRASS-user] First time trying to install add on g.extension (r.stream.order)

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sat Sep 25 05:19:32 EDT 2010

>> I have looked through many posts and help files to no avail, if
>> anyone can tell me what additional steps/programs/plugins are
> >required to install addons I would really appreciate the help.
>
>see  [http://subversion.apache.org]

some time ago I've opened a ticket in osgeo4w to include svn into the stack

>note g.extension is rather new and untested compared the rest of
>the software, especially on Windows. Besides svn for building C
>modules, you will need a C compiler which doesn't ship with the
>GRASS installer.

a C compiler is shiped with the Wingrass-installer, because all of the osgeo4w-build-
environment is included in the WinGrass-installer.

see output from the msys-rxvt-command-line of WinGrass64-release:

Cleaning up temporary files ...
Starting GRASS ...
WARNUNG: Attention!
WARNUNG: Locking is not supported on Windows!
 __________  ___   __________    _______________
 / ____/ __ \/   | / ___/ ___/   / ____/  _/ ___/
 / / __/ /_/ / /| | \__ \\_  \   / / __ / / \__ \
 / /_/ / _, _/ ___ |___/ /__/ /  / /_/ // / ___/ /
 \____/_/ |_/_/  |_/____/____/   \____/___//____/

Welcome to GRASS 6.4.0 (2010)
GRASS homepage:                          http://grass.osgeo.org/
This version running thru:               Bourne Shell (/bin/sh)
Help is available with the command:      g.manual -i
See the licence terms with:              g.version -c
If required, restart the GUI with:       g.gui wxpython
When ready to quit enter:                exit

GRASS 6.4> gcc --help
Usage: gcc.exe [options] file...
 -pass-exit-codes         Exit with highest error code from a phase
 --help                   Display this information
 --target-help            Display target specific command line options
 (Use '-v --help' to display command line options of sub-processes)
 -dumpspecs               Display all of the built in spec strings
 -dumpversion             Display the version of the compiler
 -dumpmachine             Display the compiler's target processor
 -print-search-dirs       Display the directories in the compiler's search pat                                                                              h
 -print-libgcc-file-name  Display the name of the compiler's companion library
 -print-file-name=<lib>   Display the full path to library <lib>
 -print-prog-name=<prog>  Display the full path to compiler component <prog>
 -print-multi-directory   Display the root directory for versions of libgcc
 -print-multi-lib         Display the mapping between command line options and
 multiple library search directories
 -print-multi-os-directory Display the relative path to OS libraries
 -Wa,<options>            Pass comma-separated <options> on to the assembler
 -Wp,<options>            Pass comma-separated <options> on to the preprocesso                                                                              r
 -Wl,<options>            Pass comma-separated <options> on to the linker
 -Xassembler <arg>        Pass <arg> on to the assembler
 -Xpreprocessor <arg>     Pass <arg> on to the preprocessor
 -Xlinker <arg>           Pass <arg> on to the linker
 -save-temps              Do not delete intermediate files
 -pipe                    Use pipes rather than intermediate files
 -time                    Time the execution of each subprocess
 -specs=<file>            Override built-in specs with the contents of <file>
 -std=<standard>          Assume that the input sources are for <standard>
 -B <directory>           Add <directory> to the compiler's search paths
 -b <machine>             Run gcc for target <machine>, if installed
 -V <version>             Run gcc version number <version>, if installed
 -v                       Display the programs invoked by the compiler
 -###                     Like -v but options quoted and commands not executed
 -E                       Preprocess only; do not compile, assemble or link
 -S                       Compile only; do not assemble or link
 -c                       Compile and assemble, but do not link
 -o <file>                Place the output into <file>
 -x <language>            Specify the language of the following input files
 Permissible languages include: c c++ assembler none
 'none' means revert to the default behavior of
 guessing the language based on the file's extension

Options starting with -g, -f, -m, -O, -W, or --param are automatically
 passed on to the various sub-processes invoked by gcc.exe.  In order to pass
 other options on to these processes the -W<letter> options must be used.

<URL:http://www.mingw.org/bugs.shtml>.
GRASS 6.4>

best regards
Helmut
GRATIS: Spider-Man 1-3 sowie 300 weitere Videos!
Jetzt kostenlose Movie-FLAT freischalten! http://movieflat.web.de