[GRASS-user] Re: how to v.label d.labels usage - labels do not appear

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Tue Sep 28 07:39:15 EDT 2010

On 28/09/2010 13:07, lara wrote:

> I see my raster map.. when i display it first...
>   if not.. i see nothing..

Raster?

Please try this first
First: v.info -c
What's the name of the column that contains the labels?
If there are no column names, then rerun the ascii import as follows:

v.in.ascii --o  in=/stations_LU_AB out=stations_LU_ab columns="x double
precision, y double precision, label varchar(8)"
(I'm assuming the columns are X first then Y)
Recheck v.info -c to be sure you've got the label column.

Now do:
d.erase
g.region -p vect=stations_LU_ab
d.vect stations_LU_ab disp=shape,attr attrcol=label

What do you get? If this works, then redo the v.label command and retry
the d.vect and d.labels command as before.

--
Micha Silver
http://www.surfaces.co.il/