[GRASS-user] Possible to color lines in d.vect according to RGB column?

Tim Holland timothyholland at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 23:36:52 EDT 2010

Hello,

Can someone please let me know if it is possible to assign custom colors to
the lines around individual shapes in a vector file?  I realize this is
awkward because two adjacent shapes share a border, and yet may have a
different RGB value in the attribute table.  I suppose this could be solved
by having the border be half the color of one and half the color of the
other - but this may not be possible.  My idea would be to have something
like

d.vect -a  type=area map=provinces rgb_column=RGB

Except instead of the rgb column specifying fill color, it specifies line
color.

Thanks for any help,
Best,
Tim