[GRASS-user] d.where in GRASS 7.0

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Apr 4 23:26:37 EDT 2011

Saber Razmjooei wrote:

> I am trying to pipe d.where output to a new vector using example 6 of
> the manual:
> http://grass.fbk.eu/grass70/manuals/html70_user/v.in.ascii.html
>
> In grass 6.x, it was possible to set the active display by d.mon But in
> grass 7.0 this has been removed. Therefore, d.where sits there without
> outputing  x and y.
>
> Is there a way to set the active display in grass 7? I tried to follow
> this...but no luck:
> http://grass.fbk.eu/grass70/manuals/html70_user/cairodriver.html

There's no such thing as a "monitor" in 7.0. The various display
drivers simply generate graphical output; they don't have any
interactive functionality.

The version of d.where in 7.0 requires coordinates to be passed via
the coordinates= option.

If you want GUI functionality, you need to either write your own GUI
or extend the functionality of the wx GUI.