[GRASS-user] Re: [Qgis-user] error with r.cost

ambijat ambijat at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 11 04:11:11 EDT 2011

Hi! Markus,
I am using a mask so as to limit my operation. The only improvisation I
did was this time to run the set on Fedora14 as I have my dual boot
machine. Luckily I have now my r.cost raster built. But, before going
for that I reduced the SRTM altitude values to range between 0-255. So,
some economizing on bit size was possible.

But,

But, now I am stuck with a new thing and this is with r.walk. I am still
performing this operation on F14. But, there is a crash everytime. The
input rasters are the two one the same rescaled raster for base values
and r.cost generated raster for friction values. But, it is crashing
every time. I am not getting a headway. I need to generate a route
between two cities cross the Hindukush mountain ranges in Afghanistan.

Any, ideas to this issue. I am thinking of using r.slop.aspect raster
for friction values what do you suggest.

Thanks and regards,
Ambrish Dhaka