[GRASS-user] Conversion of multiple rasters to PNG files

Mortsde alex.mortsde at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 23:10:30 EDT 2011

Hi Community,

I'm relatively new to GRASS/unix style commands and was wondering if anyone
had a quick PERL script that could convert LOTS of raster maps to PNG files
without the repetition of going through one by one. I'm not much of a
programmer otherwise I'd write some kind of loop and have a go.  The general
form of my rasters is already in a "Name_$Date" style format so I think this
should be pretty easy? I'm attempting to make video files that illustrate
soil saturation with time. I have about 10 years (daily) of soil moisture
that I'm looking to animate so it's a digestible amount of information.

Thanks for reading/advice!