[GRASS-user] Extrac values with r.mapcalc

ambijat ambijat at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 14 11:06:15 EDT 2011

Hi! Gaspar,
you can do it one way as follows.
1) create a vector of desired area that you would like to extract values
for.
2) use v.to rast for converting it into a raster use value = 1 for that
raster
3)open mapcalc and put input raster as A and new created raster as B
4) enter formula if(B == 1), A, 0), also name the new raster
5) the new raster shall have the values from the input raster

I hope I got it right for you.
rgs,
Ambrish Dhaka