[GRASS-user] Importing shp files...setting up new location

Michael Morin mmorin at cassblue.com
Mon Apr 18 00:42:22 EDT 2011

I have spearfish60 up and running but now I want to set up a locations housing some of my vector and raster files....and most will have to be imported.

 When you drill down to subdirectories...do you put all shp files in a vector directory and all raster in a raster directory first or do you run the import routines and do these routines populate the aforementioned subdirectories or are they stored elsewhere?

Michael D. Morin
mmorin at cassblue.com