[GRASS-user] mediawiki: recorded desktop sessions

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 06:25:27 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I would like to allow uploading recorded desktop sessions to our
Mediawiki as embedded files in wiki pages.

I found recordMyDesktop [1] as a good choice for recording sessions.
This software produces OGV file [2].

At this point I have problem to find suitable mediawiki extension
which would enable embed OGV file into wiki pages. I found
TimedMediaHandler [3], see demo page [4] which is quite working.
Unfortunately it requires Mediawiki version 1.17. We are using stable
1.16. Would be acceptable for you to switch to 1.17 (well, wikipedia
ignores stable versions without any problems [5]). Or could you
suggest at this point another solution? Any experience with that?

Thanks in advance, Martin

[1] http://recordmydesktop.sourceforge.net/about.php
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogv
[3] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:TimedMediaHandler