[GRASS-user] mediawiki: recorded desktop sessions

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 13:16:29 EDT 2011

Hi,

2011/4/25 Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com>:
> Uploading videos can be problematic in all sorts of ways. My suggestion
> is to take advantage of 3rd party video hosting options (ex: vimeo) and
> then using their embed methods to include them in pages.

well, you are right. Anyway the major drawback of using 3rd party
video hosts is that we will loose possibility to control/backup such
video files. If such hosting service remains unavailable we will lose
all videos, links to the video files became broken on our wiki.
Moreover the user will need to create his/her account on such video
hosting service.

Martin