[GRASS-user] winGrass, ODBC and Oracle

Sharon M morrisxs09 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 02:37:44 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm running winGrass 6.4.1 on winXP and trying to use the wingrass ODBC
driver to connect to an Oracle database.
I've used db.login and db.connect to define the database and user. When I
run db.tables -p a windows pops up with an error message:

Error odbc.exe has encounted a problem and needs to close

Do any winGrass versions - 6.4.1 or 6.5 or 7 - work with the Grass ODBC
driver and Oracle?
Also, are any of the Windows precompiled binaries available with the ODBC
driver?

Any help on this would be appreciated because I'd like to move my attribute
tables from the dbf driver.

Thanks in advance,

Sharon