[GRASS-user] Using non-ASCII chartacters in r.reclass rules file

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Aug 1 17:50:35 EDT 2011

Luisa Peña wrote:

> > > Those characters are not displayed (they are replaced by blank spaces)
> >
> > Displayed where? In a terminal? wxGUI?
> >
> > Are they present in the "cats" file when viewed in a text editor?
>
> When I try to display the legend, in Map Display Window, those characters
> are not displayed. Shall I add a print screen?

You'll need to select a font which has those characters (I don't think
that the default stroke fonts have accented characters), and also
select the correct encoding (presumably either ISO-8859-1 or UTF-8).

AFAICT, this has to be done globally, in the preferences. There
doesn't appear to be a way to set the font or encoding for an
individual layer.