[GRASS-user] Qn on using Grass on windows

Vishal Mehta vishalm1975 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 14:51:22 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm quite new to using Grass on Windows, and would like to have the same
experience as using it in a shell environment.

I recently installed Grass 6.4 on Windows through the OSGEO4 installer, and
i managed to configure some settings so that i can use MSys.

However, when i enter my grass location and mapset, gis.m starts up with
some monitors etc. in the Msys shell when i try to display a map
like
d.rast srtm

it seems to going into a png driver. how do i get my display commands to
display on the monitors that open up through the GIS manager?

thanks,
Vishal