[GRASS-user] Re: Comparing 2 large Corine Land Cover maps

Hermann Peifer peifer at gmx.eu
Fri Aug 12 07:05:08 EDT 2011

On 24/07/2011 00:15, Paulo van Breugel wrote:
> Maybe r.cross can be of help. It creates a cross product of the category
> variables of a layer, i.e., a map with separate categories for each
> unique combination of the two CLC maps (the category labels gives you
> the combination of input maps for each new category).
>
> You can use this new map to create a reclass map with the new values
> from your decision matrix. To do this, you could for example follow the
> following steps:
>
> 1) Run r.category to get a list with the categories and category labels
> of the cross product map you just created. You can output this as a text
> file

Sorry for coming back to this older mail. My question is: rather than
running the somewhat time-consuming r.category to get a list with the
categories and their labels, can I not simply use:

cat cats/crossmap # ..and there I have my text file with the labels?

(Given that I want all categories for the full map extent in the native
resolution.)

Hermann