[GRASS-user] Rainfall interpolation for a time series

Nick Jachowski njachowski at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 03:53:39 EDT 2011

Hi Hanlie,

I've this before with 11 gauge stations, also using TRMM data. You'll
probably want to write a script and use r.mask to mask the interpolation map
to your grid cell, then do r.sum on your masked area. After that just divide
by the area to get the average rainfall. Given the small area and limited
number of gauges this shouldn't take very long to compute for 2 years of
data. You should be able to fairly easily output your desired time series to
a text file.

Best,
Nick