[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] Fw: digitize toolbar error

Micha Silver Micha at arava.co.il
Fri Aug 19 04:51:23 EDT 2011

Martin Landa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 2010/6/20 Luís Ferreira <lferreira75.1 at gmail.com>:
>> I'm not sure, but probably the problem is connected with the version of
>> swig you are using on compiling. I use swig version 1.3.36 and don't
>> have problems with wxpython gui vector digitizer.
>
> probably yes. Anyway the vector digitizer should be converted to
> Python using ctypes interface, I hope to have to enough time to do it
> later in the summer.
>
> Martin

I've recently finished compiling 6.4.1 on a SL 6.1 system (64bit). Swig is
at:
GRASS 6.4.1 (ITM):~ > rpm -qa | grep swig
swig-1.3.40-5.el6.x86_64
and when I try to digitize with the wxGUI digitizer I still get the error :
Unable to initialize display driver of vector digitizer. See 'Command
output' for details.

Any progress on this?
Thanks,
Micha