[GRASS-user] v.rast.stats locks up on wingrass (problem adding columns)

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 19 06:38:30 EDT 2011

deagan wrote:
> Can I infer from this open ticket that v.rast.stats is
> currently not functional within a Windows operating
> environment?
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1110#comment:2

I wouldn't say that for sure. My best advice is to try it for
yourself and see if it works or not. As per the ticket, you
might try it a few times if it fails at first. Please report
your experiences successful or not to the bug report.

> If v.rast.stats is out of commission, what other options
> can people recommend?

since v.rast.stats is just a shell script combining a number
of other GRASS modules, you could always just run the individual
commands by hand:

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4/scripts/v.rast.stats/v.rast.stats

The script itself hasn't changed in 7 months.

You might find some other options in the wiki add-ons site.

good luck,
Hamish