[GRASS-user] Points Map [FIXED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Aug 24 08:51:42 EDT 2011

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011, Markus Metz wrote:

> Also points have some support structures which are built together with
> topology, e.g. a spatial index needed in turn by v.what, v.select,
> v.overlay etc.

   Thank you, Markus. I'll keep this for future reference.

> Looking at the above warning, d.vect map=proj_pts type=point should
> work even without topology.

   Should, ... but it didn't here. ;-)

   Today's task is to determine why this revised points map does not display
with the other maps in a script. Before I added the two points the shell script
ran and the points and their associated labels were there. Now they're not.
I know it doesn't make sense so I need to reproduce the script commands one
at a time in the GUI and see where it fails. Always something.

Rich