[GRASS-user] Correcting A Map's Region

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Aug 24 12:23:47 EDT 2011

   I need a reminder, and reading the g.region man page a couple of times
didn't show me the answer.

   When I added two points to an ASCII point file and processed the revised
file through v.in.ascii I could see the points (but for two very close
together, but that's not material). However, the map no longer has the
region definition that others in the project have.

   The new proj_pts region is:

projection: 99 (Lambert Conformal Conic)
zone:       0
datum:      nad83
ellipsoid:  grs80
north:      408407.13
south:      397768.55
west:       242018.4
east:       243757.62
nsres:      7.49723749
ewres:      3.37712621
rows:       1419
cols:       515
cells:      730785

   The project region is:

projection: 99 (Lambert Conformal Conic)
zone:       0
datum:      nad83
ellipsoid:  grs80
north:      1334419.15160578
south:      1279151.24118496
west:       769192.92822895
east:       819255.92362222
nsres:      7.49700358
ewres:      3.37898187
rows:       7372
cols:       14816
cells:      109223552

   What I no longer remember is whether I can manually modify the regional
parameters of the proj_pts map to those of the project, or whether I need to
process the map through another module to do this. They're both in the same
projection and all proj_pts represent a small area of the project region.

Rich