[GRASS-user] Correcting A Map's Region

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Aug 24 16:43:21 EDT 2011

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011, Micha Silver wrote:

> The region is part of the mapset, NOT the vector (or raster for that matter).

   Let me try this again:

   First, I set the region to the desired one (called 'basin' for this part
of the project), then I try to display the proj_pts map in it:

GRASS 6.5.svn (Oregon):~/grassdata > g.region region=basin
GRASS 6.5.svn (Oregon):~/grassdata > d.mon start=x0
using default visual which is TrueColor
ncolors: 16777216
Graphics driver [x0] started
GRASS 6.5.svn (Oregon):~/grassdata > d.vect map=proj_pts
The bounding box of the map is outside the current region, nothing drawn.
GRASS 6.5.svn (Oregon):~/grassdata >

   All in the same location and mapset.

Rich