[GRASS-user] r.fillnulls for large area

Nick Jachowski njachowski at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 12:07:07 EST 2011

Hi Hamish,

Thanks for the advice to fill the ocean with zeros. It worked better, and
didn't get "killed", but it still didn't work...This time it made it
further than before, but it got "abondoned" - see the output below...

Maybe I need to split my region into subregions and run r.fillnulls on each
subregion then patch them together. If anybody has a better idea I would be
grateful to know.

Thanks!
Nick

GRASS 6.4.1 (seasia_ll):~ > r.fillnulls in=srtmm0 out=srtmm0f
Locating and isolating NULL areas...
 100%
Reading input raster map <r_fillnulls_18931 at PERMANENT>...
 100%
Finding buffer zones...
 100%
Writing output raster map <r_fillnulls_18931.buf>...
 100%
 100%
Creating interpolation points...
Extracting points...
 100%
Building topology for vector map <vecttmp_fillnulls_18931>...
Registering primitives...
13428068 primitives registered
13428068 vertices registered
Building areas...
 100%
0 areas built
0 isles built
Attaching islands...
Attaching centroids...
 100%
Number of nodes: 13428068
Number of primitives: 13428068
Number of points: 13428068
Number of lines: 0
Number of boundaries: 0
Number of centroids: 0
Number of areas: 0
Number of isles: 0
ERROR: /usr/lib/grass64/scripts/r.fillnulls abandoned. Removing temporary
       maps, restoring user mask if needed:
Removing raster <MASK>
Removing raster <r_fillnulls_18931>
Removing raster <r_fillnulls_18931.buf>
Removing raster <r_fillnulls_18931_filled>
WARNING: Raster map <r_fillnulls_18931_filled> not found
WARNING: <r_fillnulls_18931_filled> nothing removed
Removing vector <vecttmp_fillnulls_18931>
WARNING: Table <vecttmp_fillnulls_18931> linked to vector map
         <vecttmp_fillnulls_18931> does not exist
WARNING: raster <usermask_mask.18931> not found