[GRASS-user] Re: r.fillnulls for large area

pkscwc pkscwc at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 02:39:51 EST 2011

Dear Nick,

I am working on SRTM rasters of resolution 1km, 500m, 250m and recently 90m
using GRASS for long and had countered the problem being faced by you.

My workaround is given below and as a by-product you may get a very nice
coastline vector/raster also.

1. I have converted  all the nulls with r.mapcalc to -160 using the formula
C=if(A, if(isnull(B),-160,B))
Where,