[GRASS-user] IDW (or similar) and cost surface

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 8 19:17:22 EST 2011

Giovanni:
> Thanks Hamish and Facundo!
> I will give a try to the updated v.surf.icw soon ;)
> If I find some time I will try a python porting anyway, as a
> personal exercise with the new grass7-python facilities.

I've already finished 85% of the python port, so don't sink too
much time into it. The python grass library (both in 6 and 7) is
quite useful and makes things much cleaner to implement, so I'd
still encourage you to find an exercise for it. :)

I've also added my original 2004 description of the method to
the references section of the help page in svn, & verified that
among other things the "as-the-fish-swims not as-the-crow-flies"
phrase was originally used there, fwiw.   ...sigh

Hamish