[GRASS-user] replacement for d.mon in GRASS 7.0?

Patrick_schirmer patrick_GIS at gmx.ch
Tue Feb 1 05:11:04 EST 2011

Does someone know how translate previous display commands into GRASS70,
i.e. integrate a py-script that is called
"d.mon x1=start" (or similar) into GRASS70 doing these command:

#####start display in GRASS7.0
export GRASS_PNGFILE=map.bmp
d.erase
ximgview map.bmp &
export GRASS_PNG_MAPPED=TRUE

This would allow to run GRASS64-scripts on GRASS70 and for those you
prefer direct output out of the script, just go on doing this as before.
I tried to do so, but didn't manage to handle the "export" command in
py. Maybe someone
of knows howto?

greetz, Patrick