[GRASS-user] postgis back-end

Chris Carleton w_chris_carleton at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 14 12:47:35 EST 2011

Hi List,

I'm about to try integrating a large number of disaggregated spatial
'databases' (including actual relational dbs and scattered
spreadsheets) into a single cohesive whole and I'm looking for
suggestions - both with regard to preferred methods and reading
material (crash course versions preferably). I was thinking that I
would use postgis, but I need to know if it will be possible to
simultaneously use ArcGIS and GRASS (depending on purpose and
preference) with one postgis back-end so that I don't have to maintain
two databases in order to keep both GRASS and ArcGIS users up-to-date
individually. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Chris