[GRASS-user] Re: Eliminating values based on a null

Marcello Gorini gorini at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 11:12:37 EST 2011

>Jenny:
>
>in my base map (called X) I have a few null values and, in Y map I want to
>eliminate pixels that match with null values in X. How can I do this?
>besides using mapcalc

Hello Jenny,

I don't know if it is a coincidence, but your problem can be solved in the
same way as Kim's problem.

You can use the module r.series with the -n flag. It will propagate the
nulls among your input rasters. The method you use does not matter because
the -n flag overrides it. So it would be like this:

r.series -n input=X,Y output=Y_without_X_nulls method=average (or any
method)

Hope this helps,

Marcello.