[GRASS-user] (no subject)

Jorn Anke jornanke at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 18 19:01:24 EST 2011

Hi,

I have a pointcloud, (EUREF-89, sone 32 Norway, northern hemisphere), stored in a text file with format: X Y Z R G B.

I can easily import this file into commercial software like AutoCad + proprietary engineering software, and make a
dem out of it, run profiling, make elevation maps, and so on.

I would however very much like to be able to do the same thing in a open source software like GRASS GIS. By now, I have spent
quite some hours trying out GRASS, but still not managed to have it work. I would therefore very much appreciate if someone would
take the bother and walk me through the steps required, if possible with a copy of a working chain of commands required in order
to accomplish my goal.

An example file can be found here; http://uavmapping.com/forum/index.php?topic=17.0
(Notice, there are a considerable number of outliners, that should probably have been removed from the file).

Best regards,

Jorn