[GRASS-user] Resampling- Upscalling a raster

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Feb 24 00:38:23 EST 2011

Kim Besson wrote:

> I would like to know which methods are available to upscale (or resample) a
> raster map from 50 m to 100 m?

For resapling to a coarser resolution, where one output cell covers
multiple input cells, use r.resamp.stats.

For resampling to a finer resolution, use r.resamp.interp,
r.resamp.rst or (in 7.0) r.resamp.filter.

> And How shall I manage the g.region definitons? Before i run a resampling
> method shall i define g.region Spatial resolution as 100 or only after?

Set the region to the desired output resolution. The input will be
read at its native resolution.