[GRASS-user] Failed to draw barscales to some frames

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 24 06:29:17 EST 2011

sgw00412 wrote:
> I tried to three maps on a monitor with command "d.frame".

(did you find the d.split.frame module? it makes it a little
easier)

> I was able to draw three maps successfully.
> However, I failed to add the barscale in the second and
> third maps.
>
> Why is it so ?
>
> My scrips as follows;
> ---
> d.mon x0
>
> #step.1
> g.region vect= area_A
> d.frame -c at=51,100,0,70
> d.vect .....
> d.vect ....
> d.barscale bcolor=white tcolor=black at=0.0,0.0
> # barscale was drawn
>
> #step.2
> g.region vect= area_B
> d.frame -c at=0,50,0,50
> d.vect ....
> d.vect ....
> d.barscale bcolor=white tcolor=black at=0.0,0.0
> # barscale was not drawn...why ?
>
> #step.3
> g.region vect=area_C
> d.frame -c at=0,50,51,100
> d.vect ....
> d.vect ....
> d.barscale bcolor=white tcolor=black at=0.0,0.0
> # barscale was not drawn...why ?
> ------

there seems to be a bug. "d.barscale -m" works to place it with
the mouse (but then if you move it the replaced backdrop is
corrupted), and then you can use "d.save -o" to see the command
line you need.

in this case for case 2 it seems to need y > 100%:
  d.barscale at=0,120

and for case 3, it would need like:
  d.barscale at=110,120

but the parse won't let you enter a x% value >100%. (interesting
the range check is not applied to the second argument- another
bug!

that placement should be using the current frame, but it seems
to be stuck at the first one. you might cheat and go back to the
full screen frame and place them as a percentage of the window:
  d.frame full_screen
  d.barscale at=0,95
  d.barscale at=52,95

please file a report in the trac system,
  http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/
you'll need to create yourself an osgeo ID for that.

thanks,
Hamish