[GRASS-user] Setting Initial Projection/Bounds

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Fri Feb 25 17:54:11 EST 2011

>   Is the appropriate response for me to set up a suite of locations, one per
>projection, to initially import all data and then reproject them into a
>common location? Or is there a more appropriate way to get all the disparate
>data into grass?

if I have a lot of data with different srs, but all for the same project, I do the reprojection
sometimes outside of grass:

(a)  I put the original data with the same srs in an folder

(b) and do (by a script) a gdalwarp (http://www.gdal.org/gdalwarp.html) to all the rasters or a ogr2ogr
(http://www.gdal.org/ogr2ogr.html) to all the vectors for a new srs which fits for further analysis

(c) and an import of the new projected rasters and vectors into grass can be done easily done by a script

but maybe there are some other was to do this ...

best regards
Helmut

Jetzt informieren: http://produkte.web.de/go/webdefreephone