[GRASS-user] calculating average value over a base map

Monica Buescu monicabuescu1985 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 12:15:26 EST 2011

Hello Christian.
I believe I didn't quite understand what you have said but I think that is
not the way.
My basemap is a r.clump output in CELL format that ranges from 1 til 1700 or
something
my cover map is NDVI that ranges from -1 (near) til 1 (near) and is a FCELL.

My Objective. calculate for each clump, the average of NDVI pixels

If I do:
r.statistics -c base=new_clump cover=2007_ndvi method=average

I get:
ERROR: This module currently only works for integer (CELL) maps

Is there any alternative to do this?

Thank you Christian and the rest of grass mailing list

Monica