[GRASS-user] Re: Produce KML/KMZ files in GRASS

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 05:39:52 EST 2011

I think its worth pointing out is that according to the ogr docs,
gdal/ogr automatically re-projects the data in EPSG:4326.  I'm not
sure though if this is correct for all cases (in the past I always
make sure that my data in GRASS is in EPSG:4326 before converting to
KML).

http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_kml.html
KML has been accepted as an OGC standard, and is supported in one way
or another on the major GeoBrowsers. Note that KML by specification
uses only a single projection, EPSG:4326. All OGR KML output will be
presented in EPSG:4326. As such OGR will create layers in the correct
coordinate system and transform any geometries.

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Stefan <fabiosela at gmx.de> wrote:

> Monica,
> if you're using GRASS 6.4, you can also use "v.out.ogr" with "format=KML".
> It works perfectly for google-earth.
> All the best
> Stefan
> --