[GRASS-user] Re: First time trying to install add on g.extension (r.stream.order)

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Jan 14 15:00:34 EST 2011

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 12:52 PM, tim citrus <bill at williamson.fm> wrote:

> I am not trying to build extensions, just install them.

Currently you have to build them because there are no(t yet) precompiled
Addon binaries available.

> I looked at apache svn but ?

You need to have the complete compile toolchain installed, i.e. subversion
client, compiler etc.

> How does that interface with GRASS? Where would the extensions be put?

I hope that we (some community members) will manage to set up compilation
systems for Addons for Linux, Windows and MacOSX.

Markus