[GRASS-user] r.mapcalc --> 3 maps

Carlos Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 11:39:51 EST 2011

I think you almost got there.

the IF condition would be this:

> r.mapcalc "output = if((isnull(a)),b,if(isnull(b),c),a)"

so if A is null, use B, otherwise test if B is null. if it is, use C,
otherwise use A.

(note: this is from the top of my mind, I didn't tried it)

Hope this helps.

Carlos

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 14:35, Gabriele N. <gis.gn at libero.it> wrote:

> Ciao grass users.
>
> I have three maps A, B, C.
>
> I would use r.mapcalc to combine them according to this logic:
> Put the values of A and if A is null you put the values of B and if B is
> null you put the values of C.
>
> I have tried in various ways without success. .. now I'm trying with a
> double IF...
> r.mapcalc "output = if((isnull(a)),b,if(isnull(b)),c)"  .....but in this
> case I do not put the values of A
>

> Help / advice?
>
> Thanks
> --

Prof. Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Geologist D.Sc.
Institute of Geosciences - Univ. of São Paulo, Brazil
http://www.igc.usp.br/pessoais/guano
http://lattes.cnpq.br/5846052449613692
Linux User #89721